- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- Who is who
- PP Products
- Pest Info
- Pest Forecast
From the monthly archives: March 2017
General notification on Import and Distribution of Agricultural Inputs (Fertilizers, Chemicals and Bio-products)Continue Reading →
All extension officials and farmers are advised to carry out regular monitoring of the armyworm particularly in paddy nurseries and maize fields to implement control measures on time.
Why is it a problem?
Armyworms can cause heavy losses to rice nurseries, with caterpillars destroying seedlings. They also attack rice and maize fields and, to a […]Continue Reading →
The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized transporter for transportation of Butachlor 5G from Semtokha and Phuntsholing Stores to base store of ASSR/Dzongkhag head quarters/Gewog Centers.
The tender document can be downloaded from link given below for free from 13/3/2017 till 27/3/2017. Date of submission […]
The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Butachlor 5G.
The tender document can be downloaded from link given below for free from 10/3/2017 till 27/3/2017. Date of submission of tender document is on 27/3/2017 at 1:00 PM
In Bhutan, insect pests cause serious post harvest losses during storage. Field trials, implemented by NPPC in 2014, using super bags have shown excellent results in reducing storage losses due to storage insects and in maintaining the grain quality for extended periods. The following success story of super grain bag is complied by Extension Officer […]Continue Reading →
The Safe System approach of WWF, which is holistic and long-term, seeks to address the current shortcomings of HWC in Bhutan. The approach intends to create safe environment for both people and their assets and wildlife and their habitats in a landscape for their harmonious co-existence. The approach was piloted in nine Gewogs in four […]Continue Reading →
Brief HistoryPlant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant... Read More
Tenders & Announcements
- The National Plant Protection Center is pleased to announce quoted rate for selected items of electric fencing for the year …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha would like to issue an addendum for NIT bid reference no. NPPC/Tender/2018-19/01; …Read More »
- Contract Identification No.: NPPC/Tender/2018-19/01 dated August 17, 2018 The National Plant Protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the …Read More »
- The National Plant protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the interested eligible National bidders having valid trade …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre invites sealed bid from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Herbicides (Ethoxysulfuron …Read More »
- Click on given link to view the reportRead More »
- The publication of annual report provides an ideal platform to capture both completed and ongoing activities of the National Plant Protection …Read More »
Field evaluation of sulfonylurea herbicides against the broad leaf weed, Potamogeton distinctus A.Bennett, in transplanted rice in BhutanIPPC Poster_Weeds2015-kezangtobgyeRead More »
- Abstract The effects of intermittent flooding and pretilachlor rates on emergence and early growth of three common weeds of lowland …Read More »
Friday, Mar 22 2019, 6:14 pm