- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- Who is who
- PP Products
- Pest Info
- Pest Forecast
November 27, 2018: The National Plant Protection Center organized a demonstration of electric fencing energizer to the Bhutan Power Corporation, Bhutan Statistical Bureau and Bhutan Electricity Authority. However, BEA could not attend the demonstration. The demonstration was also attended by the Nature Conservation Division. The main objective of the demonstration was to demonstrate the safety and the technical aspects of the new energizer and introduce in the country and reduce the monopoly of the existing energizer.
The demonstration was started by brief opening remarks by the Weed and Vertebrate Pest Management Unit. The Unit welcomed the participants and thanked them for making available for the demonstration. The floor was then passed to the Program Director, who also thanked the participants and opened the floor for discussion. The BPC raised various issues with the electric fencing in general and the illegal tapping of electricity in particular.
After the discussion, the participants were taken to the field where electric fencing energizer was installed. The Unit connected the new energizer called the TH-MARS and propelled the fence. The participants were made to read the voltage in the fence. They were also explained on the technical details of the new energizer. The new energizer was replaced by the existing energizer to make comparison.
The new electric fencing energizer TH-MARS has already been tested, researched and found at par with the existing energizer by the Agriculture Research and Development Center, Wengkhar. The participants also found that the new energizer meeting the technical requirements and safe to be used in the field. The field demonstration will be followed by the formal request to the above mentioned agencies for approval.
Brief HistoryPlant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant... Read More
Tenders & Announcements
- The National Plant Protection Center is pleased to announce quoted rate for selected items of electric fencing for the year …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha would like to issue an addendum for NIT bid reference no. NPPC/Tender/2018-19/01; …Read More »
- Contract Identification No.: NPPC/Tender/2018-19/01 dated August 17, 2018 The National Plant Protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the …Read More »
- The National Plant protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the interested eligible National bidders having valid trade …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre invites sealed bid from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Herbicides (Ethoxysulfuron …Read More »
- Click on given link to view the reportRead More »
- The publication of annual report provides an ideal platform to capture both completed and ongoing activities of the National Plant Protection …Read More »
Field evaluation of sulfonylurea herbicides against the broad leaf weed, Potamogeton distinctus A.Bennett, in transplanted rice in BhutanIPPC Poster_Weeds2015-kezangtobgyeRead More »
- Abstract The effects of intermittent flooding and pretilachlor rates on emergence and early growth of three common weeds of lowland …Read More »
Saturday, Apr 20 2019, 2:21 pm