- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- Who is who
- PP Products
- Pest Info
- Pest Forecast
History of NPPC
Plant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant Protection Program at Semtokha started with the onset of EEC PP Project (1984-2000) that helped in organizing of PP input procurement and supply system.
Regional Plant Protection Centers and Dzongkhag PP stores were established with PP inspectors with assistance from IPMDP – EU Project (1993-2000) which was dissolved in 2002 .Since then , the center is functioning as the pioneer institution in the country with the mandate of functioning as a National Referral & Coordinating center for all PP activities which includes information management (surveillance & pest database) and Pest Risk Analysis (PRA), research and Development (entomology, pathology, weed science, plant protection products, vertebrate pests),laboratory and advisory services and regional & international coordination and collaborative activities.
The center as the Apex institution in National PP Program oversee the PP program in the country thus providing direction and guidance to the PP Program in the country, function as a national referral & coordinating agency for all PP activities, be the repository center of pest and plant protection products information and be the authority to review, update and recommend appropriate plant protection products.
The center also develop & strengthen the Components of the PP Program framework for generating PP technologies for delivering effective PP services and enhance the delivery of PP Services.
Brief HistoryPlant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant... Read More
Tenders & Announcements
- The National Plant protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the interested eligible National bidders having valid trade …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre invites sealed bid from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Herbicides (Ethoxysulfuron …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized transporter for transportation of …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Center (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the eligible supplier for the supply …Read More »
- The publication of annual report provides an ideal platform to capture both completed and ongoing activities of the National Plant Protection …Read More »
Field evaluation of sulfonylurea herbicides against the broad leaf weed, Potamogeton distinctus A.Bennett, in transplanted rice in BhutanIPPC Poster_Weeds2015-kezangtobgyeRead More »
- Abstract The effects of intermittent flooding and pretilachlor rates on emergence and early growth of three common weeds of lowland …Read More »
- The official plant protection service support to the farming community started in the 1960’s with the implementation of planned agricultural development programs. …Read More »
Saturday, Feb 24 2018, 4:09 pm