- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- Who is who
- PP Products
- Pest Info
- Pest Forecast
The Inception Workshop for FAO funded Maize TCP Project (TCP/BHU/3606 was held on 30 November, 2016 at National Plant Protection Centre Conference Hall, Semtokha with the aim to create awareness of the project, discuss issues related the project and to prepare work plan, budget and identifying roles and responsibilities for different stakeholders.
The workshop was graced by the Director of the Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture & Forests. Detail Project document including project outputs, activities, budget, and project implementation arrangement was presented to the participants. After the presentation discussion was held on any pertinent issues or views related to the project.
The main purpose of the project is to mitigate maize losses in storage through development and promotion of low-cost storage technology that is appropriate to local conditions.
The project will initially focus in 3 Dzongkhags: Dagana, Chukha & Mongar and develop information on storage pests through survey and identification. It will build capacity of farmers, extension agents and technical staffs of the National Plant Protection Centre, National Post-Harvest Centre and Regional Agriculture Research and Development Centers through training on appropriate storage technologies and management of storage pests.
Brief HistoryPlant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant... Read More
Tenders & Announcements
- The National Plant Protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha would like to issue an addendum for NIT bid reference no. NPPC/Tender/2018-19/01; …Read More »
- Contract Identification No.: NPPC/Tender/2018-19/01 dated August 17, 2018 The National Plant Protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the …Read More »
- The National Plant protection Centre, DoA, MoAF, Semtokha invites sealed bids from the interested eligible National bidders having valid trade …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre invites sealed bid from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Herbicides (Ethoxysulfuron …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized transporter for transportation of …Read More »
- The publication of annual report provides an ideal platform to capture both completed and ongoing activities of the National Plant Protection …Read More »
Field evaluation of sulfonylurea herbicides against the broad leaf weed, Potamogeton distinctus A.Bennett, in transplanted rice in BhutanIPPC Poster_Weeds2015-kezangtobgyeRead More »
- Abstract The effects of intermittent flooding and pretilachlor rates on emergence and early growth of three common weeds of lowland …Read More »
- The official plant protection service support to the farming community started in the 1960’s with the implementation of planned agricultural development programs. …Read More »
Wednesday, Feb 20 2019, 1:32 am