- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- Who is who
- PP Products
- Pest Info
- Pest Forecast
The Entomology Division was started in 1984 with the financial assistance from the European Community (EU). The division specifically deals with insect pest problems of agricultural importance in the country. The unit currently has three staff (1 Masters, 1 Degree and 1 laboratory assistant).
The major functions of the division are to:
- Provide advisory and diagnostic services to farmers, extension and researchers, and other stakeholders in relation to insect pest problems in the country.
- Conduct adaptive field trials in priority crops for major insect pests.
- Conduct pest surveillance and surveys.
- Rear and identify insect collected from the field.
- Update and develop the national referral collection for insect pests.
- Impart training to farmers and extension personnel.
- Develop extension and training materials.
The division maintains the National insect referral collection which holds more than 3000 identified insect specimens. It also maintains the insect rearing facility in the centre.
Brief HistoryPlant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant... Read More
Tenders & Announcements
- The National Plant Protection Centre invites sealed bid from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Herbicides (Ethoxysulfuron …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized transporter for transportation of …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Center (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the eligible supplier for the supply …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC) is pleased to announce contract for supply of Energizer and accessories for Electric fencing …Read More »
- The publication of annual report provides an ideal platform to capture both completed and ongoing activities of the National Plant Protection …Read More »
Field evaluation of sulfonylurea herbicides against the broad leaf weed, Potamogeton distinctus A.Bennett, in transplanted rice in BhutanIPPC Poster_Weeds2015-kezangtobgyeRead More »
- Abstract The effects of intermittent flooding and pretilachlor rates on emergence and early growth of three common weeds of lowland …Read More »
- The official plant protection service support to the farming community started in the 1960’s with the implementation of planned agricultural development programs. …Read More »
Thursday, Oct 19 2017, 7:54 am