- About Us
- Vision and Mission
- Who is who
- PP Products
- Pest Info
- Pest Forecast
The NPPC has organized a week long training on SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) beginning 28th December 2015. The training is being conducted at the NPPC conference hall with 20 participants, including 1 from NOP, 4 from NSSC, 1 from the National Potato Program and 2 interns (one each from CNR and Sherubtse College). The resource person, Mr. Chencho (Chief Research Officer from the CoRRB) is providing the training with the aim to provide refresher course on statistics with focus on the use of SPSS in agricultural research.
Most of the participants attending the training on the SPSS package for the first time feel the usefulness of SPSS in their work. Many informed that the data collected from the fields have not been analyzed properly primarily being weak in statistics.
The topics to be covered during the training program are: overview of some statistical concepts, designing trials and experiments, how to analyze data comparing two groups of means, analyzing data using paired t-test, one way anova with/without blocking, LSD, analyze data when two or more factors are involved and other tests. The program commenced with the re-introduction of basic statistics and an overview of the SPSS. The day also provided how to troubleshoot errors occurring while running the program. In the afternoon, hands-on experience on the application of the package was introduced. As per the request and the need of the participants, more focus and time would be spent on the data analysis and result interpretation.
The training program will conclude on 1st January 2016. The refreshments for the training are being sponsored by CoRRB.
Brief HistoryPlant protection services started since 1961 as Plant Protection (PP) unit under Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Forest with the role of providing PP services and distribution of chemicals. Institution of Plant... Read More
Tenders & Announcements
- The National Plant Protection Centre invites sealed bid from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for the supply of Herbicides (Ethoxysulfuron …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized transporter for transportation of …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Centre (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the authorized dealers of Agrochemical for …Read More »
- The National Plant Protection Center (NPPC), Semtokha would like to invite sealed quotation from the eligible supplier for the supply …Read More »
Field evaluation of sulfonylurea herbicides against the broad leaf weed, Potamogeton distinctus A.Bennett, in transplanted rice in BhutanIPPC Poster_Weeds2015-kezangtobgyeRead More »
- Abstract The effects of intermittent flooding and pretilachlor rates on emergence and early growth of three common weeds of lowland …Read More »
- The official plant protection service support to the farming community started in the 1960’s with the implementation of planned agricultural development programs. …Read More »
Friday, Apr 27 2018, 10:39 am